Home Alone - On Day 11

The constant stream of visitors ended (briefly) for the day and I was left home alone with a new born
baby.

This is the first time we have every been left alone.

We both lived.

She cried.

And cried.

And I was left with baby stress syndrome.

But, by the time mom arrived, she was back to her normal happy self.

Just smiles and giggles for mom.

Now, I am pointing a finger at everyone else. It's their fault - not mine.

I have a baby that has been held almost every moment since birth.
And expects nothing else.

This is fine and dandy when we have a room full of visitor's - all waiting for
their turn to hold the queen.

But, when you are home alone with her - she is very demanding.

I could put her down for a minute or two - with a max. of five.

After that, the alarm would sound.

PICK ME UP!

HOLD ME!

PLAY WITH ME!

FEED ME!

CHANGE MY DIAPER!

And Then - - - -

REPEAT!

All Day long.

All Bow to the new queen.

Comments

Cyn said…
Nice to know she's human!! And that you survived, and probably relished every minute of it-even the loud minutes!
I am sure that being a single parent would really stick. I am better as the supporting parent.
Cyn said…
You'll do great in any parenting role because you've wanted it so much. I will grant you your supporting role if you feel more comfortable with that title though.

Popular posts from this blog

I See Pregnant Women....And Small Children

Mr. Inspiring

Mr. Excited