Pregnancy or Baby?

Things I've learned.

OR

I haven't learned anything, But these are
things that I've Come to Ponder

#1

This is the start of a new series of posts that I will be making where I ramble about
my thoughts regarding being an Intended Father (now Father) in a surrogate run world.

What is the main story of the journey that the IP's and Surrogate take together?

If you were writing for a paper what are the 5 W's, (Who, What, Where, When and Why?)
that leap out to you and make this a story?

By reading Surrogate and IP's stories on the web I constantly see two different story lines.

The surrogate's story is about the pregnancy.

The IP's story is about the baby.

They are not the same story. We do not have the same experience - from the same event.

The basic's are the same for both parties.

The who, the what, the where, and the when everyone can agree on.

The WHY!!!

The Why is a wild card and is all over the place.

The Why for the IP is simple -

It's this are nothing.

The Why for the Surrogate is different.

She wants to help others. In the grandest way possible.
She has a huge heart.

As an IP - we are desperate and in need.

A Surrogate is kind and giving.

The IP's have made a very calculated decision to do IVF and Surrogacy.

The Surrogate makes an emotional decision to help others.

The Ip's tends to focus on the "baby."
"How is the baby."

The surrogate tends to focus on the pregnancy.
"I have morning sickness." In IP speak this means "the baby is doing well."

We are coming to the party with two different perspectives.

How do we keep our mutual objective moving forward and keep building a strong
team?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I See Pregnant Women....And Small Children

Mr. Inspiring

Mr. Excited